Sorting Children, Spouses & Facts into Order
When you enter children of a marriage, fh will retain the order of entry unless you tell it different. For example in diagrams that contain a number of siblings (e.g. All Relatives Diagrams) the siblings appear in the order of entry. Similarly, spouses and facts will retain the order of entry unless you adjust them. Don't be fooled by the Facts tab that by default lists facts in Date order regardless of their database order.
fh does not automatically adjust the order, even if each child Birth or spouse Marriage is entered with a Date.
Methods for Reordering
- To re-order all out of sequence data in the Project including children, spouses & facts, use the Re-order Out-of-Sequence Data command in the Tools menu
- To do just one person's family simply select them in the Focus Window or Records Window and press F9 key or use Edit > Re-order Events by Date
- Alternatively, in their Property Box use the cog Menu > Sort Family and Events in Date Order
- To manually re-sequence Children, use the curved up/down arrows top right of the Children list near the bottom of the Main tab of the Property Box, especially useful if you know the birth order, but not the dates
- To manually re-sequence Spouses, use the curved up/down arrows top right of the Spouse section in the middle of the Main tab of the Property Box, especially useful if you know the marriage order, but not the dates
- To manually re-sequence Facts :
- Use the curved up/down arrows top right of the All tab of the Property Box
- Use the Move Up/Down black arrows in the middle of the Facts tab for Facts within the same Normal Time Frame, but those arrows only become active after the Facts have been re-ordered using the commands above
- Beware that the automatic re-ordering commands above may disrupt such manual re-sequencing especially for dated Facts
See the Forum threads :