Recording DNA Matches
DNA matching has become an increasingly popular research tool. The advice below is currently just an overview of the techniques available in fh to record your DNA matches.
Custom Facts from other Products include the fh Extended Set that has a DNA Markers fact already defined.
Charting Companion offers some DNA Charts that require a Custom Attribute specifically named DNA Kit with its value set to the Number for each person.
There are Queries:
The Export Gedcom File Plugin has settings for websites offering DNA services such as (ANC) Ancestry Family Tree, (FTD) Family Tree DNA, (MYH) MyHeritage Family Tree, etc.
Related Forum Discussions
- How do you include DNA results November 2019
- DNA cousins list? April 2019
- Recording DNA matches in Family Historian Spring 2019
- DNA Descent through the male line Feb & Nov 2019
- DNA link - show on diagram Jan 2019
- X DNA Diagram Jul 2017 with example Fan Charts and Diagrams
- Main Ancestors for DNA matches Feb 2017
- DNA Diagram? Jan 2017 that links to:
- Most Recent Common Ancestor (MRCA) report Sep 2016 - Jan 2019
- Export only DNA linked relatives Aug 2016
- Wish List Ref 560 Most Recent Common Ancestor (MRCA) Diagram that you can Vote for.
- Wish List Ref 556 X Chromosome DNA Ancestor Diagram that you can Vote for.