Property Box Tab ~ Military & Census & Wills
This adds custom tabs for Military details, and Census returns, and Wills inheritance information to the Individual Property Box of fh V4 or later.
In 2009 I provided a Property Box customisation that added tabs for Military details (based on my Fact Set ~ Military History) and for Census information.
I have refined the Military tab, added Electoral Roll information to the Census tab, and made a new tab for Wills with Admon & Probate information.
There are examples of this latest customisation on V4 Usage forum thread Property Box Customisation posted on 16 October 2010.
Produced by annettelindahutton (16/10/10) and tatewise (20/07/13)
Before installing the Property Box tabs you will need to add the Fact Set ~ Military History for Property Box Tab and Fact Set ~ Electoral Roll for Property Box Tab and Fact Set ~ Death and Burial for Property Box Tab, which should be downloaded and imported to Family Historian.
V5+ Installation Instructions
Click on the link below to download and save the FHPBT file, then double click it to install to Family Historian.
If that fails, then within Family Historian use File > Import/Export > Import > Property Box Tab.
To uninstall a tab use the Property Box Menu cog in V6 and choose Customize Data Entry, or the Menu with a red tick in V5 and choose Customize. Then double check that Tab: names the desired tab and click More Tab Tasks > Delete Tab.
V4 Installation Instructions
You are advised to use a Property Box folder, which for fh V4 could be created within the Project Public folder.
Click on the link below to download and save the PB-INDI.zip file, then right-click this Compressed (zippped) Folder file, and choose Extract All to unpack its PB-INDI.fhdata file to your Property Box folder mentioned above.
Download the Utility ~ Property Box Tab Organiser to this same Property Box folder and use it to import the tab definitions to fh V4 as follows:
- Ensure the Property Box Type is set to Individual
- Use the Load FH Tabs and Add All >> buttons to place your current tab definitions in the Put Custom Tabs List
- Use the Import Tabs button to import the downloaded PB-INDI.fhdata tab definitions file to the Get Custom Tabs List
- Use the Add One button to selectively add the Military &/or Census &/or Wills tabs to the Put Custom Tabs List
- Use the Save FH Tabs button to transfer the Put Custom Tabs List definitions into Family Historian
- This last step also creates a dated & timed backup of your original tab definitions in the Property Box folder
Alternatively, the PB-INDI.fhdata file can simply be copied into the Family Historian Program Data Folder\Property Box folder, overwriting the installed file.
Before you copy the file into the folder take a backup copy of the PB-INDI.fhdata file that is there … you might not like the changes!
Property Box Tabs: Military & Census & Wills PB-INDI.zip file
Property Box Tabs: Military & Census old version superseded by link above.