PSPad is a freeware text editor that supports scripted add-ons. This phReplace add-on offers multiline search & replace with regular expressions available.
Produced by tatewise (25/01/11)
- Login to a Windows Administrator privileged account.
- Install PSPad using the PSPad Editor installation instructions.
- Next click on the link below to download and save the phReplace v2.0.24.zip file.
- Right-click that .zip file and use Extract All… into a phreplace-2.0.24 folder.
- Copy the contents of that folder to the PSPad editor installation folder. i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\PSPad editor\ on 64-bit PC (since PSPad is a 32 bit program), or C:\Program Files\PSPad editor\ on 32-bit PC.
- Run PSPad editor and use Scripts > Multiline Search / Replace and in the phReplace window check its Help > Contents opens OK.
- The step above should automatically complete the installation, but if it fails, then see the Windows Manual Install Family Historian version 6 and below supports two types of Notes: Local notes (associated with a single person, record, or fact); and Shared Notes or Note Records, that can be linked to multiple records and/or facts. Version 7 introduced Research below.
Windows Manual Install
The following extra installation steps may be required within an Administrator privileged account.
The phReplace Known Bugs admits the DLL is not automatically installed on Windows Vista.
So if Scripts > Multiline Search / Replace does not open the phReplace window, then install the DLL manually in an Administrator account:
- In Windows 10, use right-click Start > Command Prompt (Admin).
- Otherwise, in Start > All Programs > Accessories right-click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.
- Type regsvr32 “C:\Program Files (x86)\PSPad editor\phreplace.dll” and press Enter to install the DLL.
(The PSPad folder is C:\Program Files\PSPad editor\ on 32-bit PC.)
- Finally type Exit and press Enter to close Command Prompt.
If the phReplace window Help > Contents command does not open its help window, then perform each of the following in turn until it opens OK:
Open C:\Program Files (x86)\PSPad editor\phreplace.chm in the PSPad installation folder. If it produces an Open File – Security Warning window due to an Unknown Publisher then proceed as follows.
Untick the Always ask before opening this file option and click Open.
Accept any further prompts, and try opening phreplace.chm again.
- Open C:\Program Files (x86)\PSPad editor\phreplace.chm in the PSPad installation folder.
- If it produces a Navigation to the webpage was canceled window then proceed as follows.
Right-click on the phreplace.chm file and choose Properties.
- On the General tab, click the Unblock button if it is present, and click OK.
- Accept any further prompts, and try opening phreplace.chm again.
- Once phreplace.chm opens OK, then run PSPad and open the phReplace window. If the Help > Contents still does not open OK then proceed as follows.
- Select Start > All Programs > PSPad editor.
- In Windows 10 drag the PSPad editor entry to the Desktop to create a shortcut.
- Right-click on the PSPad editor shortcut and choose Properties.
- On the Shortcut tab, set Start in: to the “C:\Program Files (x86)\PSPad editor\” installation folder.
- Check the phReplace window Help > Contents now opens OK.
Link: PSPad phReplace Multiline Search and Replace