* Flags/Name Lists in Sources

Older V4 Queries please post for any version in the General Forum
Johnyeates
Famous
Family Historian: V6

Flags/Name Lists in Sources

Post by Johnyeates »

Is it possible to have a column on the Sources screen to show which Flag or Named List the individual belongs to and the source is linked to.
Or is it not possible because a source may be linked to many individuals.

ID:6028
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Post by Jane »

A sources have a one to many relationship with other records I don't think so, what are you actually trying to do? It's possible you could use a custom query to view the information for the source.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
LornaCraig
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by LornaCraig »

Your question seems to be in 2 parts:

1. 'Is it possible to have a column on the SOURCES screen to show which Flag or Named List the INDIVIDUAL belongs to...'.
Do you mean a column on the INDIVIDUALS tab of the records window?

2. 'Is it possible to have a column on the Sources screen to show which Flag or Named List .... the SOURCE is linked to'.
Sources can't have flags but they can be added to named lists. They can also, as you say, be linked to many individuals (as well as Family records, and Note records).
If you just want to see which records (of any type) a source is linked to, the easiest way is to select the source in the sources tab of records window and use View > Record Links.

Lorna
Lorna
Johnyeates
Famous
Family Historian: V6

Post by Johnyeates »

Thanks for your reply,
I already have certain flags displayed on the individual screen, I was after seeing some on the sources screen but there wasn't an option for it or respond to some code I entered.
I do have a named list but that didn't display either, but then I wasn't sure it would, no harm in asking.