* 2012 Courses for Family Historian

News and Announcements from the Family Historian World
admin
Famous
Family Historian: V7

2012 Courses for Family Historian

Post by admin »

There are several places now offering Family Historian Courses in the coming year, they include My History and the SOG and two courses being organised and run by Jane Taubman. My HistoryAll courses held at Mexborough Business Centre, College Road, MEXBOROUGH, South Yorkshire, S64 9JP, United Kingdom Family Historian V4 for BeginnersA concise 3 hour course by experienced local tutor Jacqui Depelle, into how to research and record your Family History in Family Historian V4. Tuesday 14th February Thursday 17th May Tuesday 31st July Tuesday 30th October Family Historian Intermediate CourseSaturday 12th May, full day 10am - 4.30pm with Jane TaubmanFollowing our successful intermediate course in 2009 we have had requests from many users of the Family Historian (FH) software to run this again so we are pleased to announce the next one is to be held at My History on 12 May 2012.The course will include: Importing and Merging DataCreating and Managing Fact Sets Using the Built in Web Creation Tool and a discussion of methods and options for getting your information online Record structure and relationships between records Data References and Functions Building Custom QueriesUsing Flags and expressions with lists and iconsMore on Charts and DiagramsQuestions and Answers and more. . . Society of GenealogistsAll are held at the Society of Genealogists, 14 Charterhouse Buildings, Goswell Road London EC1M 7BA, unless otherwise stated. Full Course List Sat 3 Mar10:30-13.00Family Historian Software for Beginners A Half Day with John Hanson (£14/£17.50)Sat 26 May10:30-13.00Family Historian Software for Advanced Users A Half Day with John Hanson (£14/£17.50) Sat 25 Aug14:00-17.00Family Historian Software Practical A Half Day with John Hanson, You must bring a laptop to this course (£14/£17.50) Wed 12 Sep14:00-17.00Family Historian Software for Beginners A Half Day with John Hanson (£14/£17.50)
Dillington HouseAt Dillington House, Ilminster, Somerset, TA19 9DT with tutor Jane Taubman: both the following courses are now sold out, but have waiting listsIntroduction to Family Historian 31st March 2012, £55, covering basic operation and use of Family HistorianIntermediate and Advanced Course, £55, 1st April 2012, this will be similar to the content for the My History course listed below by the same tutor.
ireneblackburn
Superstar
Family Historian: V6

Post by ireneblackburn »

I would love to attend but I return from holiday the day before so I can't make it. Do you have any more courses planned this year?
admin
Famous

Post by admin »

I don't have any others scheduled at the moment, but depending on the March/April weekend I may schedule another one or two.
ireneblackburn
Superstar

Post by ireneblackburn »

Hi Jane

I have booked this course and now I don't know if Ishould upgrade to v5, will the course contents apply to both v4 and v5 or will I need a different course?
ireneblackburn
Superstar

Post by ireneblackburn »

Hi Jane

I have been unable to download the course slides using the link on the handout. Does it work for you?
admin
Famous

Post by admin »

Yes it's working fine for me, what error did you get?