* Problems with Individual Tabs

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
loulou330
Gold
Family Historian: V7

Problems with Individual Tabs

Post by loulou330 »

Hi

I've started to experience a problem with I got from tab to tab in the Individual view. I'm finding that the top part of the information in the 'facts' tab is staying on the screen when I change to any one of the other 4 tabs ie 'Main', 'Notes', 'Media' and/or 'All'.

This is really frustrating and not a problem I have encountered in the whole of my time using this normally excellent system.

I would be really grateful for any help or guidance, thank you.
Mark1834
Megastar

Re: Problems with Individual Tabs

Post by Mark1834 »

Has anything else changed on your system recently, such as a new video card or display resolution?

If not, it might be one of those odd instabilities that's only fixed by fully backing up your data and settings and reinstalling FH, but let's see if anybody else chips in with further diagnostic suggestions before doing that.
Mark Draper
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

I was wondering about video driver updates. It's worth checking you've got the most up-to-date versions of the specific drivers for your device (not the generic Microsoft ones).
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

If you have a double screen system, try moving to the Primary screen (the one with the Windows start button.

There is a know bug in a couple of Graphics card drivers (mostly the default windows ones I think) which means the screen is sometimes not redrawn correctly on a 2nd monitor.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."