* Source type issue

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
ColinMc
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Source type issue

Post by ColinMc »

I noticed that some of my 1939 Register flags were not displaying on my descendants chart, but all other ones were. On investigating I discovered that there were a lot of 1939 Register sources created where the Source Type equalled "1939 Register", while a much smaller number had the type showing as "Register".

I'm pretty sure that 100% of my 1939 Register entries will have been created using AS. I do not remember making any change in AS to change this setting, and in fact, I've been unable to find where I would do so if I wanted to change back to type = "1939 Register" - which would be my preferred format. I've looked in options, autotext & Census templates and cannot spot any option to change the type.
as1.jpg
as1.jpg (435.32 KiB) Viewed 207 times
The spread of dates on which sources were created/updated does suggest that there have been periods when either has been created, but as I said, I do not recall changing anything.

My expression in the Chart Boxes Option had been set to

Code: Select all

=IsTrue(%INDI.CENS[year=1939].SOUR>_TYPE% = "1939 Register")
and this worked for those individuals with a "1939 Register" type, but obviously not for those with type set to "Register"

On checking, AS is currently creating new 1939 Register entries with a "Register" type. How can I change this to show "1939 Register" for future entries. I can then edit the small number of "Register" entries.

Thanks
Colin McDonald - Researching McDonald, McGillivray, Tait, Rountree families
NickWalker
Megastar

Re: Source type issue

Post by NickWalker »

Hi Colin

AS has always by default created 1939 register sources with type 'Register'. There was a post last October that explained how to get AS to change the source type to be 1939 Register so I expect you must have used a setting like that.

Cheers

Nick
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
ColinMc
Superstar

Re: Source type issue

Post by ColinMc »

Thanks, I do remember that now, but I do not recall resetting that option.

Anyway problems solved.

Thanks
Colin McDonald - Researching McDonald, McGillivray, Tait, Rountree families