* Using Save As for name of my GEDCOM file

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Ken Drake
Silver
Family Historian: V5

Using Save As for name of my GEDCOM file

Post by Ken Drake »

I wish to use the Save As so I can rename the GEDCOM file currently in my Family Historian so that I can then retain the original but add to it giving it a new name. I could not find anywhere I could do this.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Using Save As for name of my GEDCOM file

Post by tatewise »

Ken, I have moved this from the Places, Addresses, Maps & Geocoding forum to the General Usage forum which is more appropriate.

I will assume you have set Family Historian to use Projects that are shown in the File > Project Window...

In that window select the Project you want to save and use the More Tasks... menu and Copy Project...
That will allow you to give the copy a new name.

If you are not using Projects then I think there is a File > Gedcom File Tasks > Save a Gedcom File Copy... or similar command. I cannot be certain because I am unable to run FH V5 to check.

Alternatively, why not make a backup of the original Project/Gedcom so it can be restored if necessary?
Then you can make the changes to the current Project/Gedcom.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry