* query for records with duplicate parents after merging

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
fasol
Family Historian: V7

query for records with duplicate parents after merging

Post by fasol »

As a result of a previously performed merging process, a number of people in my file were left with duplicate parents (visible via the 'all'-tab). This happens when you merge 2 people into 1, but FH has not recognized the parents as identical people. I want to correct these situations manually, but my file is large (85,000 records); That's why I would like to do a query for individuals who have double parents in their record. Is there a way to do this, possibly with a plugin? Thanks!
Peter
jelv
Megastar

Re: query for records with duplicate parents after merging

Post by jelv »

Try this query
Attachments
Multiple families.fhq
(462 Bytes) Downloaded 19 times
John Elvin
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to your first FHUG question Peter.

For future reference, when merging 2 Individuals, it should be possible to extend the merge to include immediate relatives linked via the Parents family and Spouse family links that you can see on the All tab.

It is straightforward to create a Query to find Individual records that have two or more Parents family links, i.e. %INDI.FAMC[2]% exists. Alternatively, use the one attached by John, but I thought you might like to experiment yourself.

In the Query Columns tab use the Fields to add a Family as Child item but for instance [2] as shown below.
Then on the Rows tab add a filter to exclude Individuals where that 2nd link is missing.

image.png
image.png (92.15 KiB) Viewed 409 times
image.png
image.png (28.93 KiB) Viewed 409 times
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
fasol

Post by fasol »

Thank you, this is what i looked for!

Best,

Peter