* Lumped Source Splitter produces two linkages per image

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
Gary_G
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Lumped Source Splitter produces two linkages per image

Post by Gary_G »

I directly imported an RM9 project containing lumped sources with images linked to the citations. I then used the plugin, Lumped Source Splitter v1.4 on a Canadian Census lumped source and the "Split by Template" option. Upon examining the result, it appears that there are now two linkages present for the source I tried; one to the source itself and one to the citation. Shouldn't there only be one to the source itself, since there isn't really any citation portion left?

I'd like to sort this out before I try to go further in the change-over process from RM9 to FH7, so any suggestions are welcome.
Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 11.10.42 AM.png
Gary Gauthier
Hunting History in the Wild!
Mark1834
Megastar

Re: Lumped Source Splitter produces two linkages per image

Post by Mark1834 »

Sorry about that Gary - it suggests that the old citation link isn't being deleted correctly. I'll investigate and get back...
Mark Draper
Gary_G
Megastar

Post by Gary_G »

No problem, Mark. At this point, I'm trying things in order to map out my import workflow before jumping in with both feet. It will likely take me about a week or so to figure out the subsequent steps on my way to eventually being able to use AS to update and extend my record-set. So it's not holding me up at the moment, but anything you can do will be appreciated.
Gary Gauthier
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

Sorted - there are some fields, such as the citation assessment and any citation note, that are copied from the old lumped citation to the new split citation, and the linked citation media were accidentally included in this copying process.

The corrected plugin (version 1.4.1) is now available in the Plugin Store.
Mark Draper
Gary_G
Megastar

Post by Gary_G »

Thank you!
Hadn't expected it this quickly.
Gary Gauthier