* [Already Implemented] Weblinks in Notes

For Wish List Requests that have either (a) been progressed to the Wish List; or (b) been classified as duplicates, or as redundant because the requirement is already satisfied within FH and/or plugins; or (c) closed because it wasn't possible to arrive at a clear specification of the request within 15 months of it being raised.
rcpettit
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

[Already Implemented] Weblinks in Notes

Post by rcpettit »

When doing a copy/paste from some websites into notes, some web links are also copied. Edit weblink doesn't allow you to remove these links, so I have to delete and then retype the info without the link. We need a way to remove all weblinks in a note or at least the selected one.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Weblinks in Notes

Post by tatewise »

I don't understand. If I highlight/select a web link in a rich text Note box and press the Delete key then it gets deleted.
That is very similar to selectively deleting anything else in a rich text Note box.

Alternatively, you can hold down the Ctrl and Alt keys while opening the Note to get a plain text Note box.
The weblink can be deleted there too, or everything except the Display Text can be deleted.

Maybe you are talking about removing the Web Address but retaining the Display Text.
That can be achieved by selecting and Cutting the web link and then using right-click Paste Unformatted Text.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
rcpettit
Diamond

Post by rcpettit »

When I tried that it deleted the text also. I just switched to using plain text instead of importing into tables for now. I liked using importing into the tables as it saved me a lot of typing to align columns.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Sorry, but you have not tried all my suggestions. The later ones preserve the Display Text. Especially the last paragraph.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

I'm closing this as the feature required already exists in FH.