* Query when saving marriage entry

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
geoffmackay
Gold
Family Historian: V7

Query when saving marriage entry

Post by geoffmackay »

I have just started using AS to enter marriage data from parish registers. When I click on the save button, a dialog box appears asking if I wish to save the entry without confirming changes to the associated individual record (see screenshot). I'm not sure what this means, and can't see a menu item whereby I could perform that confirmation. If I then click OK, the correct entries appear to have been made in FH. But I'm curious as to the meaning of this question, and whether it's an indication that I'm doing something incorrectly.
Attachments
AS marriage confirmation query.jpg
AS marriage confirmation query.jpg (250.58 KiB) Viewed 705 times
Geoff Mackay - Researching the Mackay, Cohn, Schwieger, Gillies, Hammon, Trickey, Hopper and Rowbotham families
johnmorrisoniom
Megastar

Re: Query when saving marriage entry

Post by johnmorrisoniom »

On the Further info tab you have added someone as an associated person (Witness or minister perhaps), but not saved that change.
NickWalker
Megastar

Post by NickWalker »

John is correct, but just to slightly expand on that... You have either typed in the name of someone as an associated individual (witness, etc.) or selected an individual from the list but you haven't actually added them to the list of associated individuals using the Add button.
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
geoffmackay
Gold

Post by geoffmackay »

Thanks for the quick replies, John and Nick.
Yes, that's what I had done. It's working well now.
Geoff Mackay - Researching the Mackay, Cohn, Schwieger, Gillies, Hammon, Trickey, Hopper and Rowbotham families
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

IMO the problem with that error message is that the word 'associated' can be taken in different ways.
Does it mean a record associated with the Marriage entry, e.g. William /GOY/ in this case?
Or does it refer to the Associated Individuals section of the Further Info tab?
The lack of capital initials or quote marks around 'associated individual' makes it ambiguous.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry