* Some Source Images Not Appearing in ISR

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
BobWard
Superstar
Family Historian: V6.2

Some Source Images Not Appearing in ISR

Post by BobWard »

I have run across an odd problem in my Individual Summary Reports. I find an occassional Source image fails to appear in the reports. When I hit the Rebuild Report tab, this will sometimes cause the image to re-appear, and, sometimes not. I also notice that hitting the Rebuild Report tab will sometimes cause other Source images to disappear, that were previously visible.

Here is a picture of one of my blank Source image pages. The images are all correctly linked in the database, so I know they are there, plus, they sometimes randomly appear in the ISR. All my images are jpeg/jpg files.

Anyone else encountered this problem?

Update: I am beginning to think that this may be due to a memory limitation in FH. As I closed some of the other ISR report tabs in FH, some of the Source pictures began to appear again.

Is FH memory limited?
Attachments
Blank Source Image Page.jpg
Blank Source Image Page.jpg (74.63 KiB) Viewed 511 times
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Some Source Images Not Appearing in ISR

Post by tatewise »

As with all 32-bit applications in a 64-bit Windows system, the default memory limit is 2GBytes.
(If the application has IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE set then that increases to 4GBytes.)
So, yes, FH is memory limited and maybe with a large Project and many ISR tabs open it might have issues.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

RM9 includes a separate 64-bit version for the first time. I thought it was far from a trivial exercise to recompile a 32-bit app as 64-bit, but it would be good if FH did the same, as memory issues do arise from time to time with large projects and reports.
Mark Draper
NickWalker
Megastar

Post by NickWalker »

Mark1834 wrote: 02 Mar 2023 12:37 RM9 includes a separate 64-bit version for the first time. I thought it was far from a trivial exercise to recompile a 32-bit app as 64-bit, but it would be good if FH did the same, as memory issues do arise from time to time with large projects and reports.
I suspect it may depend on how the application is written and library files it uses as to how easy it is to create a 64 bit version. It also does complicate the support process and also the update process if you have two versions to maintain which may well be why CP haven't done this yet. For my Ancestral Sources (which is based on the .Net Framework) it is literally just a click of a button to compile it for 64 bit which is how I've been able to provide the 2 versions for the last 12 years. I have been tempted to stop providing the 32 bit version as all supported versions of Windows are 64 bit now, but I am aware that some people still use the 32 bit version in emulation on linux or mac and it isn't really a big issue to continue with the 32 bit.
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/