* Source/Citaton wndows in fh 7

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
E Wilcock
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Source/Citaton wndows in fh 7

Post by E Wilcock »

Mike, Many grovelling apologies but please would you repeat the help you gave me over the empty citation window remaining open in fh7 and concealing some data?

I cannot seem to find your original post and I am not sure whether I have used the option to run fh 7 like fh 6 (I now cant find that option and how to cancel it either).

I encounter this citation window problem when I enter long lists of people - most recently looking at refugees from Eastern Prussia. But this Prussian list is in a different project from the Project in which I entered the previous long list.

Or may be, thinking it over, the open window doesnt really matter?

I did not revert to version fh6 because before that suggestion arose, I already had formated sources imported from TMG. And I continued with fh7 because in general I prefer to use the latest version of any software.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Source/Citaton wndows in fh 7

Post by tatewise »

The floating Citation window can be closed, moved, or resized as you like.
FH will remember how you move or resize it and display it like that next time it is opened.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
E Wilcock
Megastar

Post by E Wilcock »

I see. Thank you. Mike. Do you have any suggestions or preferences for positioning it or sizing it?

I have the source pane tiled horizontally but if I add a source citation to a fact that opens a further pane called Citation Window and it remains floating there even when it is empty. I have a large-screen desk top computer but with the citation pane floating there, fh7 now takes up three quarters of my screen.
I dont need that Citation window unless I am adding a citation. I can already see from the source pane (headed Sources for) what sources I have for any event or person.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

As I said ~ resize it so it is tiny and move it somewhere out of the way like a corner of your monitor screen.
It is up to you to decide how small to make it (it can be really minute) and where you want it to appear.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry