* Missing Entry Boxes In AS 7.0.11

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
amphoria
Family Historian: V7

Missing Entry Boxes In AS 7.0.11

Post by amphoria » 10 Dec 2020 10:54

After upgrading from AS 5.2.0 to AS 7.0.11, none of the entry boxes on the right hand side appear. That is the filter boxes above the name list or the boxes that let you select the persons parents, siblings, children, etc. This is on Windows 10 version 2004. I do have the .Net Framework 4.8 installed.
AS.jpg
AS.jpg (150.03 KiB) Viewed 1020 times

NickWalker
Megastar

Re: Missing Entry Boxes In AS 7.0.11

Post by NickWalker » 10 Dec 2020 12:20

There's certainly something very strange happening there. If you close AS and reopen it and look at the Census option at the top rather than Marriage, does it still do the same thing? It looks to me like some kind of scaling issue. Your toolbar looks very small at the top too.

Assuming closing and reopening doesn't fix it, please can you email me via nick at ancestralsources dot com and I'll get in touch directly with you this evening.
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

http://www.ancestralsources.com

NickWalker
Megastar

Re: Missing Entry Boxes In AS 7.0.11

Post by NickWalker » 12 Dec 2020 22:15

For those who are interested this issue was very quickly resolved on the same day it was reported. 'Amphoria' emailed me on Thursday and confirmed that it was a scaling issue caused by him switching on a compatability setting: 'Override high DPI scaling behaviour' which was required for earlier versions of AS to work with his 4K monitor. This isn't required for AS 7 and turning off the compatability setting fixed the issue. He then just needed to increase the font size under Ancestral Sources->Tools->Configuration to ensure the application font was readable.
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

http://www.ancestralsources.com