* pictures

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
eric bell
Family Historian: V6

pictures

Post by eric bell » 18 Aug 2019 11:36

hi. I`v just re-installed FH on a new laptop and tried to save all my information but not all the media moved across so how do I delete blank media files from the media list. any help would be great . thanks eric.

Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: pictures

Post by Jane » 18 Aug 2019 11:38

That suggests some of your media was outside of your Project folder.

First copy over all the missing media or if you think you have already done so use the "Tools>External File Links" option from the menu and the Auto-Repair option to search your hard drive for the media.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

eric bell

Post by eric bell » 18 Aug 2019 11:48

Hi Jane not sure if your remedy will work as I saved my media to a USB stick before my old laptop packed in. Can I just delete the blank files from the Media list and start again ? eric

Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by Jane » 18 Aug 2019 12:02

On the media window you can select the broken thumbnail and press the delete key to remove it, FH will "tidy up" any links to other records.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

eric bell

Post by eric bell » 18 Aug 2019 12:15

Thanks Jane I can now clean up my media . (its easy when you know how ! ) regards Eric