* Census Tab Add-In Question

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
David Potter
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Census Tab Add-In Question

Post by David Potter »

Hi Forum

I am using the Census Tab Add-in and I'm puzzled as to why an occupation (Labourer) appears in the Tab for the UK 1851 Census and yet there are no Census facts to support this? Please see attached image. If I click the Occupation from within the Tab it points to a Marriage Source describing the Occupation of a Father to one of the Couple Married. Even the Fact created doesn't have any more than this one Source. Also the Fact Date 9 Dec 1851 does not match with the Census Date for 1851.

Any ideas as to what is going on...

Stay Safe

David
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (261.98 KiB) Viewed 2177 times
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Census Tab Add-In Question

Post by tatewise »

That Census tab uses Data References involving mostly INDI.CENS[year=1851] and likewise for each other year, but also INDI.OCCU[year=1851], etc, for the Occupation field. So any Occupation with a Date in 1851 will get displayed.

If custom tabs allowed Expressions instead of just Data Refs then the Occupation field could have been made conditional on the existence of INDI.CENS[year=1851], but they don't, so it can't.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
David Potter
Megastar

Re: Census Tab Add-In Question

Post by David Potter »

Thanks Mike, so there will be other records like this, I just haven't seen this before now. Coincidence I guess.

Thanks for the quick reply.

David