* Change 'Private' back to show name

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
whatlink
Gold
Family Historian: V6.2

Change 'Private' back to show name

Post by whatlink »

Hi
I seem to have inadvertently changed all my paternal line to 'Private'.
I have checked to see if flagged and none indicated.
How do I view all my 'Private' individuals names.
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Re: Change 'Private' back to show name

Post by Jane »

Where exactly are you seeing "Private" is it just on a diagram or everywhere?

If you are seeing Private on the Focus Window or Records List it's possible you have run a plugin over your master file instead of a copy. So you might need to restore to your backup.

If it's only on diagrams check the Text scheme you are using.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
whatlink
Gold

Post by whatlink »

Hi Jane
'Private' has replaced the names of all my paternal ancestors and descendants. It is everywhere.
whatlink
Gold

Post by whatlink »

Thanks I have used backup copy as I think you are right re plug in. I was checking for duplicates.
When I try to delete the corrupt file I get warning:" A FH project should have one (main) project and one gedcom file. This project folder has more than one. If you delete you may delete more than on file. Do you wish to delete."

Can I safely delete the file I don't want. The corrupt file is still being used as the main file. I can open restored backup?
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

It sounds like you may be manually altering the GEDCOM file within the Project using Windows File Explorer.
That is risky and it would be safer to use the conventional backup/restore or revert to snapshot process.

I suggest you use Windows File Explorer to delete the backup GEDCOM file you copied into the Project.

Then in FH use File > Backup/Restore > Revert to Snapshot and choose a Snapshot Taken before the problem arose, and click Revert to Snapshot button.

If that does not solve your problem then please post again with precise details of what you tried and why it failed.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry