* PDF file output is not enabled (once again)

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
MLawrence
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

PDF file output is not enabled (once again)

Post by MLawrence »

I realise this issue had been reported numerous times over the last few years, and have read the details, however despite applying the suggested fixes this is still an issue. Using the alternate means of printing to pdf using the Family Historian PDF the file saved, when viewed in Acrobat reader, shows the following message at the bottom of each page:-
You created this PDF from an application that is not licensed to print to novaPDF printer (http://www.novapdf.com)

NovaPDF v7.7 is installed, troubleshooting does not highlight any issues with spooling.

The book I printed using Microsoft PDF saved, and displays, the document without any issue - I should add that the book in question was very basic with just narrative and images and no charts.

I wonder if the licence issue is the root cause of the problem?

Regards
Margaret
(Windows 10, FH 6.2.7)
Jane
Site Admin

Re: PDF file output is not enabled (once again)

Post by Jane »

It sounds as if you might have installed the "full" Nova PDF and not the one specific to Family Historian.

Try following the instructions here how_to:family_historian_installation_problems#save_as_pdf_file_output_is_not_enabled|> Save As PDF File Output is Not Enabled to reinstall
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
MLawrence
Platinum

Re: PDF file output is not enabled (once again)

Post by MLawrence »

Thanks Jane - that worked.
I have no idea how I managed to install the full version - it's likely I was half asleep when I followed those instructions previously.....