* Is there a setting to add the dob-dod to Ancestors reports?

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
ctb
Platinum
Family Historian: V6

Is there a setting to add the dob-dod to Ancestors reports?

Post by ctb »

I have looked everywhere among the Book settings, but can find no setting for the date of birth and date of death to be automatically stated next to an individual.

Currently it looks as follows:
"Joseph TYZACK, son of John TYZACK, was born in 1847. He married Mary WARRINGTON on 21 July 1871 in Newcastle Upon Tyne...."

whereas what I would like is:
"Joseph TYZACK (1847-1912), son of John TYZACK, was born in 1847. He married Mary WARRINGTON on 21 July 1871 in Newcastle Upon Tyne"

Does anyone know if I can do that please?
Thanks
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Is there a setting to add the dob-dod to Ancestors reports?

Post by tatewise »

I don't think you mean a Book setting, because Books simply compile Reports and Diagrams together.

Unfortunately, the Narrative Ancestors by Generation Report does not have an option for including (YoB-YoD).
There is the {=LifeDates()} function that produces that data format, but it cannot be incorporated into the Birth fact Sentence Template in a way that would work satisfactorily. Sorry!

FH does insert (YoB-YoD) against peoples names in various places in Reports but there are no options to control that behaviour.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
ctb
Platinum
Family Historian: V6

Re: Is there a setting to add the dob-dod to Ancestors reports?

Post by ctb »

Oh, OK, that's a shame.
But, again, thank you for letting me know before I spend any more time searching fruitlessly!
Much appreciated.