* Wills

Got general Family History research questions - this is the place
gwilym'smum
Superstar
Family Historian: V6.2

Wills

Post by gwilym'smum »

I have just found that wills at the government department have been reduced to £1.50.
Ann
Researching Mayer, Parr/Parr, Simcock, Beech and all related families
Valkrider
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Wills

Post by Valkrider »

The link to the Probate service is https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

If you find a probate that you want to order then you will need to create an account. The probate and will will be available in 10 working days for you to view and download. Once you have viewed the probate / will you have 30 days to view / download it before it is deleted from your account.

A great saving over the previous price, I have ordered 4 but my ancestors weren't great will writers so I can't currently find any more to order at the moment. I suspect, due to the dramatic price reduction, the site will become inundated and so the 10 days for availability may slip.
janefrances
Famous

Post by janefrances »

I ordered three wills from their site on the 27th of July and still waiting. They must have a huge backlog! :cry:
Valkrider
Megastar

Post by Valkrider »

I too ordered 3, the first turned up a day early, the second 2 days late and the third 4 days late. I would chase them up as that seems a bit long to me as two of mine have already expired the 30 day retention rule.
janefrances
Famous

Post by janefrances »

When did you order yours Valkrider? Yes, apart from the usual "we will endeavour to provide a response within 2 working days" I've heard nothing. I've sent them an email tonight so fingers crossed I'll get a reply on Monday or Tuesday :cry:
keith_r59
Gold

Post by keith_r59 »

For information, I ordered 6 wills on the 27th July with an estimated delivery date of 7th August. Three wills were delivered on the 22nd August, one on the 27th August and the remaining two on the 28th August. So basically 2-3 weeks after the estimate.

I contacted their help desk on 15th August to find out the status of my order. They responded two weeks later on 29th August after all the wills had been delivered to say that they were available for download.
Valkrider
Megastar

Post by Valkrider »

@Jane

I ordered mine on 22nd and 23rd July. Delivered between 1st and 12th August.

The first was 5 days early and the last in fact 5 days late my memory was not so good in my initial reply to you so I actually checked the site.
AnneEast
Superstar

Post by AnneEast »

They are apparently admitting that (not surprisingly!) they are snowed under, so I guess we'll have to be patient.
Anne
David2416
Superstar

Post by David2416 »

Ordered several wills on Sunday 6th October first arrived by email today 😊
janefrances
Famous

Post by janefrances »