* Date Entry and Scroll Bar fixes

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Ron Melby
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Date Entry and Scroll Bar fixes

Post by Ron Melby »

in the from/to calendar window, remove the ZERO in from. its messy editing it it does not appear in the to window.

on the sliders (plugins and queries) get top and bottom from twistie to work.
FH V.6.2.7 Win 10 64 bit
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Date Entry and Scroll Bar fixes

Post by tatewise »

Ron, I really have no idea what you are talking about, and "fixes" as a Subject title does not help. (I have 'improved' it.)
Please use the name at the top of the dialogue window to identify the location of the problem.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
LornaCraig
Megastar

Post by LornaCraig »

Mike, I think Ron's first sentence is referring to the Date Entry Assistant dialog. On the Period tab there is a zero entered in the year field for From but not for To. However the zero also appears on the Date, Range and Quarter Date tabs and he has not mentioned them.
Lorna
Ron Melby
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by Ron Melby »

I just about exclusively use from and to dates, so, anywhere it appears it causes issues, since it does not disappear as you type. it seems to be a formatting issue, we ran into those all the time in iSeries GUIs. if for example you select a date range from the date assistant, lets just say for a quickie, you only know the year, go right ahead and type 1869 in the from (without messing around) and do the same in the to year. see the difference? I see you are correct in that the problem exists in the period, range and quarter-date.

right click the slider (VERTICAL SLIDER) on the results window (for example) as I said, from a query or a plugin, of the options that are clickable on those, two are Top and Bottom, and neither works. the options on HORIZONTAL SLIDER left edge, right edge and so on do not appear to work either. I expect they dont work wherever they may appear.
FH V.6.2.7 Win 10 64 bit
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

I have moved this to the FH General Usage Forum, because the issues are not new features you wish to introduce.
They are bug fixes that should be reported directly to Calico Pie.

BTW: I never heard the Vertical Scroll Bar and Horizontal Scroll Bar referred to as Sliders before.
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

Interestingly the Top Bottom option does not work in Excel 2010 either, the scroll bar moves but the contents do not! So I suspect it's something at the OS level.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Top & Bottom, and Left Edge & Right Edge work to varying degrees in Windows 10 with Office 365 which is effectively Microsoft Office 2016.
Word and Outlook are fully functional, but as Jane says Excel only moves scroll bar.
Have not tried PowerPoint, etc.
File Explorer and Adobe Acrobat Reader are fully functional.
So it is some form of API implementation issue.
PeterR
Megastar

Post by PeterR »

Top, Bottom, Left Edge, and Right Edge all work as they should in my Excel 2010 (Version 14.0.7224.5000 32-bit) on Windows 7, but not in FH. However, Scroll Here does work in FH, which provides a sort of workaround if you right-click near the top/bottom/left/right edge of the light grey scroll bar region outside the scroll bar itself.
Peter Richmond (researching Richmond, Bulman, Martin, Driscoll, Baxter, Hall, Dales, Tyrer)