* What does Cog mean

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
londonscorpion
Diamond
Family Historian: V6.2

What does Cog mean

Post by londonscorpion »

I came across this term and I am stumped: eg to delete a property box tab .... use its cog Menu>Customize Data Entry ....
Help!!!
pwe
Famous

Re: What does Cog mean

Post by pwe »

The cog referred to is a symbol at the top edge of the property box. Click on this and you will be presented with options which include "Customize data entry."
Click on this and then click on the "more tab tasks" button. This will give you various tab option including "delete tab".
Peter E
LornaCraig
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by LornaCraig »

It's this icon in the Property Box toolbar:
Attachments
cog icon.JPG
cog icon.JPG (15.76 KiB) Viewed 5263 times
Lorna
londonscorpion
Diamond

Post by londonscorpion »

Of course. More lateral thinking needed!!

Many thanks
vbrown
Silver

Post by vbrown »

I am trying to delete some people but in my "cog" menu the delete option is greyed out!!! Help anyone please!!
LornaCraig
Megastar

Post by LornaCraig »

You don't need to use a 'cog' menu to delete records. The original questioner wanted to delete a custom tab in the Property Box, which is quite different.

Go to the Records Window (by clicking the cylinder shaped icon on the left) and on the Individuals tab select the record you want to delete and then either press the delete key on the keyboard or use Edit>Delete. You will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the record.

To delete multiple individuals all at once, first add them to a Named List. You will see a message with guidance on this if you try selecting more than one record and press the delete key.
Lorna
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

For all the options see how_to:delete_a_large_number_of_records|> Delete Any Number of Records.

BTW: Not sure which 'cog' menu you were looking at, as I don't think any have a Delete option that could be greyed out.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry