* registration key

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
reiverslaw1945
Family Historian: V3

registration key

Post by reiverslaw1945 »

Having not used FH ver3 for about a month, came to look at it tonight and had to input the registration key to access. okay, but when I closed that tree down and start on a different tree, I had to re-input the registration key again.
This gets a bit tedious because after you input the key the system tells you that the key has been stored?

What am I doing wrong?
LornaCraig
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: registration key

Post by LornaCraig »

I have moved this topic from the Wish List Request forum to General Usage.

You are not doing anything wrong, but there is some advice in the Knowledge Base for this scenario:
Repeated Licence Details Request

If ƒh requests the Licence Details to be re-entered every time it is run, then try running as Administrator.

Right-click on the ƒh icon and choose Run as administrator from the dropdown menu that appears (the exact details may vary with different versions of Windows). You may have to enter an Administrator password. You will need to re-enter your Licence Name and Registration Key, but should find that thereafter, the details have 'stuck'.
I hope this helps.
Lorna