* Recording an age given in weeks

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
dewilkinson
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Recording an age given in weeks

Post by dewilkinson »

In quite a few census entries ages for new borns are sometimes given in weeks, the age attribute allows years, months and days - is it possible to record in weeks in the Age Attribute other than in the Note field?

I realise three weeks could be entered as either <1 month or c21 days but a weeks option would be neater and a more accurate recording of the age.

I welcome any thoughts on this.
David Wilkinson researching Bowtle, Butcher, Edwards, Gillingham, Overett, Ransome, Simpson, and Wilkinson in East Anglia

Deterioration is contagious, and places are destroyed or renovated by the spirit of the people who go to them
LornaCraig
Megastar

Re: Recording an age given in weeks

Post by LornaCraig »

I think the reason is that the GEDCOM spec does not allow for ages to be recorded in weeks. So I normally put a comment in the Note field.
Lorna
PeterR
Megastar

Post by PeterR »

Peter Richmond (researching Richmond, Bulman, Martin, Driscoll, Baxter, Hall, Dales, Tyrer)
dewilkinson
Superstar

Post by dewilkinson »

Thank you, that explains why. I think I will put <1 month in the Age Attribute and record three weeks in the Note field.

Merry Christmas
David Wilkinson researching Bowtle, Butcher, Edwards, Gillingham, Overett, Ransome, Simpson, and Wilkinson in East Anglia

Deterioration is contagious, and places are destroyed or renovated by the spirit of the people who go to them