* Annulled Marriages

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
David_Lewis
Famous
Family Historian: V5

Annulled Marriages

Post by David_Lewis »

I've been doing a lot of work on the line of succession to the British throne and the descendants of the Electress Sophia. I've come across a number of marriages that have been Annuled rather than ending in divorce. There doesn't seem to be an option in the status box to record this. Is there a reason for this.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Annulled Marriages

Post by tatewise »

I would suggest using the standard Annulment Event and Divorce Event to record those states rather than the Status for a number of reasons.

Firstly, _STAT is a non-standard FH extension to the Gedcom and so will not export well to other products.

Secondly, the Events can record Date and Place and cite Sources, etc.

I don't really understand why Divorced is in the Status options since the Divorce Event is far superior.
The other Status options cannot be recorded in standard Events.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
David_Lewis
Famous
Family Historian: V5

Post by David_Lewis »

Thanks Mike. Should have looked in the events options.
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

I suspect Divorced is a status as it allows the triggering of the / over the marriage link line on diagrams.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Ah, yes, all the Status values can affect the marriage link line as set in Diagram > Options > Lines > Marriage Status Line Options.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry