* Forum posting lost

Homeless Posts from the old forum system
Jim
Silver
Family Historian: V6.2

Forum posting lost

Post by Jim »

Some time ago I posted a query, I think in the V4 Usage Forum, about getting Custome IDs on to outline reports.  I would like to re-read the posting and response, but I can't find it anywhere.  I have tried every keyword I can think of in the Search Box as well as my own Member ID as author, but it always comes back as 'nothing found'.  Are forum postings deleted after being dormant fo a while?

ID:6276
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Forum posting lost

Post by Jane »

Using the link from your Profile I can't see the post. I was not aware of losing any posts, and it was not done deliberately.
Dagwood
Superstar

Forum posting lost

Post by Dagwood »

Can I suggest that this may be the same issue I had a short while ago inasmuch as I always preview my posts after typing them out. The preview page is so like a posted message that a couple of times I then forgot to Send them after preview and wondered why they had been 'lost'.
Of course this will not be the answer if Jim has definitely seen any responses that were made.
Dagwood
Stevebye
Superstar
Family Historian: V6

Forum posting lost

Post by Stevebye »

Dagwood said:
Can I suggest that this may be the same issue I had a short while ago inasmuch as I always preview my posts after typing them out. The preview page is so like a posted message that a couple of times I then forgot to Send them after preview and wondered why they had been 'lost'.
Of course this will not be the answer if Jim has definitely seen any responses that were made.
Dagwood
It's not just me then. Phew! [smile]
Jim
Silver

Forum posting lost

Post by Jim »

Yes, I see that can easily happen, but in this case I definitely had a response, I believe from Jane, which said that what I wanted couldn't be done.  Also, the number of forum posts quoted on my profile page is correct if you include the missing one.  Must have slipped through a crack somewhere!