* V5 Focus window

Homeless Posts from the old forum system
History3
Silver
Family Historian: V5

V5 Focus window

Post by History3 »

Hello - When opening or starting a project instead of the Focus window showing, the individual property box fills the screen with the sources  pane on the right.  The  focus window will only appear after selecting the icon to float the property box.  I have made no changes to the installation settings.  Preferences/Startup/ shows the  unticked box to change the startup window from Focus to Record window.

I am also finding that expansion buttons do not show when opening previously saved V4 charts and adding relatives.

ID:6208
PeterR
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

V5 Focus window

Post by PeterR »

What might have happened with the Focus window and the Property box is that a previous session of FH was closed when the docked Property box had been expanded to occupy most of the screen.  You should be able to reduce the width of the docked Property box by dragging the left-hand gripper-bar to the right.  FH remembers the size of the Property Box when it starts up again.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

V5 Focus window

Post by tatewise »

To show expansion buttons, click the Diagram toolbar icon that looks like an expansion button and when you hover the cursor over it says Expansion Buttons.
This option is also under Diagram > Expand/Close Branches > Show Expansion Buttons.
History3
Silver
Family Historian: V5

V5 Focus window

Post by History3 »

Hello and many thanks for your assistance.  I am relieved to have the Focus window screen looking its normal self and the expansion marks now show. [smile]