* Log FIle problem

Gedcom Census is a discontinued program and has been replace by Ancestral Sources.
RSellens
Famous
Family Historian: V6.2

Log FIle problem

Post by RSellens »

Hi Nick,
  I have recently started getting an issue when i launch Gedcom Census. I get the following error message at startup :

The current log file can not be written to (...directory/filename..). Error: Invalid procedure call or argument occured. Correct the error or if necessary change the log file path.
Now when i click 'ok' the program carries on and quite happily write to the log file the was listed in the message with no trouble what so ever. I have tried creating a new log file and folder and i still get the same message. I am running Vista Ultimate, service pack 1 with version 6.0.6 of GedcomCensus.

Richard

ID:2950
NickWalker
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Log FIle problem

Post by NickWalker »

Hi Richard

My first thought is that it looks like an error in the program that doesn't have a specific 'error handler' is being caught by the error handler that deals with the log file path being wrong and so it may be nothing to do with the log file at all.

I'll contact you via email assuming you're happy to help me track this one down.

Thanks

Nick
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
RSellens
Famous

Log FIle problem

Post by RSellens »

Hi Nick,
No problem, i will send the requested details via email.

Richard
NickWalker
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Log FIle problem

Post by NickWalker »

I have worked with Richard to investigate the problem and it turns out that an uncommon set of circumstances can lead to the error reported which was as I suspected completely unrelated to the log file. This will be fixed for the next version. Richard now has an unreleased version with the problem fixed.
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
RSellens
Famous

Log FIle problem

Post by RSellens »

I would just like to say thanks to Nick, for his paitence and help in solving this problem.

Richard