* Multiple Log Files

Gedcom Census is a discontinued program and has been replace by Ancestral Sources.
brianWilliams
Family Historian: None

Multiple Log Files

Post by brianWilliams »

I've looked through the previous topics and can't find that this has come up before so sorry if it has.
I am entering census details into a number of separate gedcom files for different people and all the details seem to go into the same log file. Does anyone know if it possible to set up different log files for each separate gedcom?

ID:3423
NickWalker
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Multiple Log Files

Post by NickWalker »

Sorry but no it isn't possible and I don't believe it is something that has been asked before. I'll add it to the 'wishlist' for a future version.

Best wishes

Nick
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
brianWilliams
Family Historian: None

Multiple Log Files

Post by brianWilliams »

Thanks for your reply Nick,
I've worked around this by splitting and editing the censuslog.txt file to form various separate files for each gedcom file with the gedcom file name appended after the censuslog name.  I then have to choose the right .txt file from tools > options > general before selecting the gedcom file to work on.
So far I haven't forgotten to choose!
And finally thanks for a great program and BTW did you ever get anywhere on Gedcom BMD?
NickWalker
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Multiple Log Files

Post by NickWalker »

I've been working on a new program over the last couple of months which should eventually do a number of things, including the BMD idea. Don't expect anything too soon, progress is slow, but I've got a good framework in place I think and am happy with what I've done so far.
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/