* ODBC error with Ancestry Synchronization

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
DNelson
Family Historian: V7

ODBC error with Ancestry Synchronization

Post by DNelson »

When I try to link my RootsMagic file I get the following error, and I'm not sure how to resolve it. Not sure what driver I'm supposed to have?

Plugin: Ancestry Synchronization 2.3
Family Historian 7.0.22
RootsMagic 9.1.4.0
ERROR:

...am Files (x86)\Family Historian\Program\Lua\fhSQL.fh_lua:42: COM exception:(d:\my\lua\luacom-master\src\library\tluacom.cpp,382):[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
stack traceback:
[C]: in method 'Open'
...am Files (x86)\Family Historian\Program\Lua\fhSQL.fh_lua:42: in method 'open'
...am Files (x86)\Family Historian\Program\Lua\fhSQL.fh_lua:199: in function 'fhSQL.connect'
(...tail calls...)
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:573: in function 'OpenDatabase'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:584: in function 'GetDatabaseLinks'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:544: in function 'SelectRMFile'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:155: in function <[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:155>
(...tail calls...)
[C]: in function 'iuplua.Popup'
elem/dialog.lua:36: in method 'popup'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:281: in function 'Menu'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:124: in function 'main'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Pl..."]:3136: in main chunk
Mark1834
Megastar

Re: ODBC error with Ancestry Synchronization

Post by Mark1834 »

That's an odd one. It is suggesting that the error is with the fhSQL library that processes the RM file, but it's not one I've seen before.
  • Is this the first time you have used the plugin, or has it worked normally up until now?
  • If it has suddenly stopped working, has anything changed on your system in the meantime that you are aware of?
  • What is the full path and file name of the RM file you are trying to link?
  • Can you confirm that the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Family Historian\Program\Lua\fhSQL.fh_lua is present on your PC?
Hopefully somewhere in there will be a clue to follow up...
Mark Draper
DNelson

Post by DNelson »

1q) Is this the first time you have used the plugin, or has it worked normally up until now?
1a) First time using the plugin

2q) If it has suddenly stopped working, has anything changed on your system in the meantime that you are aware of?
2a) n/a

3q) What is the full path and file name of the RM file you are trying to link?
3a) I have my hard drive partitioned.
RM Program on C:\Program Files (x86)\RootsMagic 9.exe
RM file on H:\Genealogy\familyname_RootsMagic.rmtree

4q) Can you confirm that the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Family Historian\Program\Lua\fhSQL.fh_lua is present on your PC?
4a)Confirmed, copy pasted location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Family Historian\Program\Lua\fhSQL.fh_lua
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

Thanks for that. There isn't anything in particular that sticks out as a likely cause. I didn't ask where your default Project Folder is located, but it might be worth checking if the problem still occurs if you locate the RM file in the Public subfolder within your project folder.

If that doesn't fix it (and I'm not particularly confident that it will), could you download and install this SQLite3 Diagnostic plugin please?

If you run this plugin, it presents you with a standard file selection menu to select your RM database, then gives you a choice of opening methods, System or Local. Could you run the two options in turn please. What does it report for each method, either opened, not opened or generated a error? It you do get error messages, please report exactly what it says, as you did before.

All it does is try to connect to the RM file, using either the SQL library supplied with FH, or the same commands copied directly into the plugin script. It doesn't update any data, either in FH or RM.

Thanks!
Mark Draper