* Shared fact

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
TMG_refugee
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Shared fact

Post by TMG_refugee »

I want to put a header in a sentence if I have any shared people on a fact.

{=TextIf(Exists(%FACT._SHAR%) and Not(%FACT._SHAR.ROLE% = "Wife") or Exists(%FACT._SHAR[2]%)," Other heirs in line of succession were:","")}

This seems to work if my shared people are in the database but not if the shared person is name only. Is this correct or am I doing something incorrectly?
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Shared fact

Post by tatewise »

The complication is that Name Only Fact Witnesses use the _SHAN tag instead of _SHAR.
They are two different types of field:
_SHAN is a text field holding the Name Only text.
_SHAR holds a pointer to an Individual record.
So your conditional expression will have to get even longer to cater for all the possible combinations!

BTW: You can discover the _SHAR and _SHAN tags by interrogating any of the Data Reference Assistants (DRA).
One of the best is the Query Columns tab Fields pane, but the Sentence Template offers a DRA via << Insert Code > Data Reference... and lists both Witness> %FACT._SHAR[1]>% and Witness (name only) %FACT._SHAN[1]%.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
TMG_refugee
Famous

Re: Shared fact

Post by TMG_refugee »

Mike,

That works great. It even made what I thought would work even simpler.