* Check All greyed out

Questions about managing place and address information, and using maps and geocoding
JoanneB
Family Historian: V7

Check All greyed out

Post by JoanneB »

I am new to Family Historian. I am trying to make a map of one persons ancestors. When it comes to showing the markers on the map, the area where I should check "Check All" is greyed out. I do not know what I am doing wrong. I have a registered version of Family Historian 7.0.22. Thank you for any suggestions! Joanne B.
Vyger
Famous

Re: Check All greyed out

Post by Vyger »

I wasn't sure where you were until I opened FH.

You need to Create a Marker Set so click the Set Tasks > Add Marker Set
Give it a Name and select the Marker Colour then OK

The next screen gives you various options to add individuals, the common one would be to select yourself on the left pane and then Add Relatives following the option prompts.

When you click OK the Markers will appear on the Map providing they are geocoded.

The common demonstration is doing your relatives in one colour and then a partners relatives in another colour.

Click the TIME icon on the top info bar and you can then scrub through history with the time slider.

Hope this helps,

Jackson
Genealogy Reviews - research methods for a more productive future
JoanneB

Post by JoanneB »

Thanks for the suggestions! I have done everything as suggested except the geocoding. I guess I need to check into that. Joanne B
JoanneB

Post by JoanneB »

Geocoding is working on the sample project in Family Historian but not in my database. What Geocoding service works with Family Historian?
Vyger
Famous

Post by Vyger »

Joanne,

If you are in the Map window then just press the F1 key on your keyboard, you can read all about mapping there.

Jackson
Genealogy Reviews - research methods for a more productive future