* Some Repositories Missing from Records Window

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
PyreneesPirate
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Some Repositories Missing from Records Window

Post by PyreneesPirate »

Hello all,

I have realised that some of my repositories are missing from the records window.....But only some???

I think they are Templated Sources and not Generic.

Screenshot 2024-03-21 154749.JPG
Screenshot 2024-03-21 154749.JPG (439.99 KiB) Viewed 322 times

I have deleted the Repository, re-entered it, saved the file, saved the project, re-visited the project but there are some are still missing.

Does any kind person out there have an idea what the answer might be please?

Thanks in anticipation,
PP
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Some Repositories Missing from Records Window

Post by tatewise »

Maybe the Repository column in the Records Window refers to the Generic %SOUR.REPO>NAME% field.
However, your screenshot shows all templated sources so do they all use the Template Repository?

The Templated Repository Field and has a very different Data Reference: %SOUR.~RP-REPOSITORY>NAME%

It would help to see the other Source records and the Column definition.

It should be possible to combine them into one column if you wish.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
PyreneesPirate
Famous

Post by PyreneesPirate »

Thanks Mike for your quick response, I am pretty sure that Sources affected are Template Sources and not Generic.

What do you want me to provide… I can show you another screenshot of further down my Source List, showing a missing Template Repository, a normal Template Repository and a normal Generic Repository.

Not sure about the codes? I can give you these, but can you tell me where I can find them please?

Thanks very much for your help.
PP
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

Personally, I can’t see the point of having a Repository field in a Templated Source when there is an existing Generic field that serves exactly the same purpose.

I only use my own custom templates, but I never have a Repository field and just use the Generic version (you can customise the Property Box to show this if it’s not visible for Templated Sources). That avoids this problem altogether - not only does it improve portability, but it’s displayed in the Records Window by default for all my sources without having to make a complex customisation.

Would it be better to tweak the affected records so they all use the same version of the Repository, rather than a workaround to show both types?
Mark Draper
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

PP, it would be useful to see a screenshot of a Source which does list the Repository and a Source that does not.
Then it will be clear whether they both use the Repository template field or not.

To show the column Expression, right-click on any Sources tab column header and choose Configure Columns...
Select Repository and click Edit... and then Copy & Paste the Expression here rather than waste a screenshot.
Click Cancel and Cancel to close the windows.

image.png
image.png (150.25 KiB) Viewed 197 times
PyreneesPirate
Famous

Post by PyreneesPirate »

Thanks Mark for your comment (I will take a look at what you are proposing after solving the current issue). All I am doing is using the standard templates from the list whilst some repositories are showing but others are not.

Mike, thanks also for coming back to me, The first screenshot is of a Templated source with the Repository not showing
Screenshot 2024-03-22 143455.JPG
Screenshot 2024-03-22 143455.JPG (190.94 KiB) Viewed 168 times
The second is showing the repository
Screenshot 2024-03-22 143526.JPG
Screenshot 2024-03-22 143526.JPG (188.56 KiB) Viewed 168 times
The third one is showing some Birth Indexes from all with BMD as a Repository but not showing in the records window also.
Screenshot 2024-03-22 144015.JPG
Screenshot 2024-03-22 144015.JPG (119.93 KiB) Viewed 168 times
Heading Repository
Expression %SOUR.REPO[1]>%

Many thanks
PP

I hope this gives you a bit more to go on?
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Repository Column Expression %SOUR.REPO[1]>% only lists the Generic Repository links.

It does NOT list any Template field Repository links which need the Expression %SOUR.~RP-REPOSITORY>%

I suggest you create another Repository column by adding <Other...> via the dialogue I posted yesterday.
Set the Heading: Repository T and Expression: %SOUR.~RP-REPOSITORY>%
Maybe rename the other Repository column heading to Repository G for Generic.

Then you will see which Source records are using which type of Repository link.

You can review the contents of the All tab of each Source record to see all those Repository links.
See the screenshot below where Repository (t) is the Template link and the other two Repository items are SOUR.REPO[1] and SOUR.REPO[2] Generic links.
I suspect you need to revise the links. Perhaps some DEA are setting the wrong links?

image.png
image.png (31.9 KiB) Viewed 163 times
PyreneesPirate
Famous

Post by PyreneesPirate »

Thanks very much for your help Mike, I haven't done it yet but I'll give it a try and come back to you soon andlet you know how I get on :oops:

Much appreciated,
PP
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Mark is correct about it probably being better to use the Generic Repository instead of a Template Repository.
But if you use the Export Gedcom File plugin then any Template Repository is moved to a Generic Repository in the exported GEDCOM which will usually be imported correctly to other products.