* Set flag by media text

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
snook
Silver
Family Historian: V7

Set flag by media text

Post by snook »

I have been photographing headstones for my records. I save them in the individuals media info this format.
Smith Fred 1900-1975 Headstone.jpg
I would like to set a "Headstone" flag for the individual, by searching all individuals media for the word Headstone.
Don't know if this is possible.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards Snook
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Set flag by media text

Post by tatewise »

My first comment is that adding headstone images to the Individual Media tab is unusual.
Conventionally, only photos of the person are added to that tab.
Headstones are usually treated as source media linked to a Source record cited by Death and Burial facts.

Anyway, to search for those Media items you need to create an Individual type Query.
The Rows tab filters must use the following settings.
But that must be repeated as many times as there may be Media items linked to an Individual by replacing %INDI.OBJE[1]>FILE[1]% with %INDI.OBJE[2]>FILE[1]% and %INDI.OBJE[3]>FILE[1]% and so on...
Then in the Result Set use the Menu > Set Flag on Row Records...

image.png
image.png (16.71 KiB) Viewed 196 times
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

tatewise wrote: 18 Mar 2024 10:59 My first comment is that adding headstone images to the Individual Media tab is unusual.
Not that unusual - I do it.
KFN
Superstar

Post by KFN »

I use headstones as both a source and as a substitute for a photo of an individual where no photo is available. Because photography is still a relatively new invention and for many years only available to the rich, substituting the grave marker for the individual photo provides some additional interest to reports and websites. In a couple of cases the only photo I have of a person is one that was found on their grave marker!