* Research Notes Links count shows zero

Questions about the facilities for planning and tracking your research within FH
enonod
Family Historian: V7

Research Notes Links count shows zero

Post by enonod »

FH - V7.022
I have attempted to find an answer in forum history without success.
I am new from V5 a long time ago. I must have missed something when reading of the new features because when I add links to records, within a Research note, the links work but the count shows zero.
Any hints please.
Mark1834
Megastar

Re: Research Notes Links count shows zero

Post by Mark1834 »

Welcome to FHUG.

Presumably you mean the Links count for the Research Note? This is the count of links TO that record from other records, not links FROM the note.
Mark Draper
enonod

Post by enonod »

Thank you very much for that enlightenment.
At this moment I cannot see that it is useful to know links in, if you cannot see where the source links are, presuming them to be in other documents, (how to find them unless of course they have backlinks).

What a shame one cannot tell without opening a note (or many), that there may be links out. Perhaps I will discover later that my comment is irrelevant and not needed because...
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

enonod wrote: 15 Mar 2024 10:01 At this moment I cannot see that it is useful to know links in, if you cannot see where the source links are, presuming them to be in other documents, (how to find them unless of course they have backlinks).
To find links in use View > Record Links... or run the Where Used Record Links plugin.
See FHUG Knowledge Base > Finding Where Records are Used.
What a shame one cannot tell without opening a note (or many), that there may be links out. Perhaps I will discover later that my comment is irrelevant and not needed because...
Yes, that would be a useful feature. Perhaps one for the New Wish List Requests.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
enonod

Post by enonod »

Thank you for that very useful information.
I believe the matter is now resolved thanks to both Mark1834 and tatewise .