* Media File Address Not Showing in Query

Questions about using and managing media in FH
AnnabelUK
Silver
Family Historian: V7

Media File Address Not Showing in Query

Post by AnnabelUK »

Hello, I'm trying to create a custom death events query as a starting place to tidy up my FH project; I started it 25 years ago and have changed how I do things but have not gone back to the older records. Since I updated to Version 7 this month, I want to get to grips with doing things new and old the new way. I was a source lumper and split at the citation level for some facts.

I've based the query on a "missing burial headstone marker photos" YouTube tutorial by GenealogyReviews. Only I'm doing the reverse; I want all my burials listed, which worked perfectly. I then added all the other death-related facts, death year and place, and memorial inscription address so that I knew whether I'd got a fact for those or not.

Death Events Query.jpg
Death Events Query.jpg (110.56 KiB) Viewed 595 times
The problem I am having is with the media on the burial fact.
The Burial Media Record %INDI.BURI[1].OBJE[1]>% and Burial Media Record File %INDI.BURI[1].OBJE[1]>FILE[1]% is not showing up on the query results. I know there should be at least three rows showing a result in those fields as I put photos in the burial fact media tab. I'd not put media in the fact media tab before always put it in the individual's main media tab - I suspected this was the problem as I know I have other headstone photos in my project; deleting the three and putting them in the burial fact didn't solve the issue.

I store a copy of my media files within the FH project folder in the media subfolder to be added. I tested adding a copy of the same photo as a 2nd photo on one of the burial facts from outside the project folder, and that didn't make any difference.

Any ideas on why it's not working would be appreciated.

Thanks Anna
LornaCraig
Megastar

Re: Media File Address Not Showing in Query

Post by LornaCraig »

There is no such thing as a Fact Media tab. The Media tab of the Property box is for media linked to the record as a whole. To add Media directly to a fact you should use the Show Media button in the centre of the Facts tab toolbar. Is that what you have done?
Lorna
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Yes, Lorna is correct, so it would be useful to see some Property Box screenshots.
The best screenshot would be of the All tab with the Death &/or Burial facts fully expanded like this:

image.png
image.png (34.87 KiB) Viewed 569 times
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
AnnabelUK
Silver

Post by AnnabelUK »

Thank you, Lorna and Mike, for your replies.

No, I hadn't used the Show Media button in the Facts toolbar. I have done it now and added the photo and the information shows on my query.

Thank you for your time both of you.