* Marriage entry - incorrect married name for witness

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
neil40
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Marriage entry - incorrect married name for witness

Post by neil40 »

Nick

I note on Census entries, when you add the Wife of the head, picking the name with maiden surname, the Auto text corrects the entry to her married name.

I just added a marriage entry, where the mother of the groom was a witness, and it adds her with her maiden name to the auto text, and I had to manually edit to the married surname.
Is this a 'bug' or intentional?

Edit: Ditto another marriage, where witnesses were the brides married sister and her husband, the witness populates with her maiden name

Although the Autotext is correct, of course FH witnesses are poulated with the maiden name.
Neil Grantham
Researching Grantham, Skuce, Barrow and Birchall
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Marriage entry - incorrect married name for witness

Post by tatewise »

Neil, in the Census scenario where the relationship between Head and Wife is known then AS can automatically assume the Wife's surname is the same as the Head, but that is a special case.

In all other cases, AS would have to compare the Date of the event with the Date of Marriage(s) and Divorce(s) of the woman to determine which married surname to adopt, so AS does not attempt to do that.
e.g.
If a woman were listed as Head in the Census then her maiden surname will get used.
The same goes for women anywhere else in AS.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry