* Importing Residence Data from Reunion to FH

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
lollymn
Family Historian: V7

Importing Residence Data from Reunion to FH

Post by lollymn »

Hello,

I recently switched from Reunion to Family Historian (moving from a Mac to a PC). I have recently discovered that the Residence Information I was tracking for each individual in my file did not export to the specific individuals. I can locate all the residence places but none of it is attached to the dates I entered or the individuals. If someone could point me to a resource for setting up that export correctly, I would very much appreciate it.

The structure I used for the Residence Notes is as follows:

DD MM YYYY - street, city, county, state, other occupants

I realize the way I set this data up could be problematic. But I would at least like to capture the dates and address. This information has often helped me in finding additional information.

Many thanks!
Laura
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Importing Residence Data from Reunion to FH

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to the FHUG Laura.

Importing to FH is entirely dependent on the data included in the GEDCOM file exported from Reunion.

As there are likely to be few users of Reunion here, could you supply details of the GEDCOM export options so we can advise if any of them are likely to make any difference?

Where exactly have you looked in FH for the 'missing' data?
It is quite common for newcomers to FH to initially think data is missing when it is actually hiding in unusual locations.
FH is very good at importing all the data in a GEDCOM file but if it is not in standard GEDCOM format it may hide the data.

Have you tried using the FH Edit > Find... command to search for a specific sample of your 'missing' data?

Have you reviewed the Individual Property Box on its All tab and expanded all the data fields in search of your 'missing' data?
The fully expand the data, double-click the name of the person twice just below where it says Record and Record Id.

How familiar are you with GEDCOM files?
One thing we can check is whether a specific sample of your 'missing' data exists in the GEDCOM file.

If any of the above are not clear then Post Reply with specific details of where you need help.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry