* All empty facts query

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Pentris
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

All empty facts query

Post by Pentris »

Is there any guidance available as to how to use the 'All empty facts' query. When I run it I get an error message 'This query contains one or more disabled column or row filters. Continue anyway' If I continue it produces nil results for 'Facts and events' group. I know that I have many facts which for some reason I have omitted to enter a date. I would like to be able to find them and correct the situation.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: All empty facts query

Post by tatewise »

The Knowledge Base Download page All Empty Facts says it is for FH versions: V4, V5, and V6 so is not FH V7 compatible.

The first sentence says "Finds all Facts without any subordinate fields. i.e. No Date, Age, Place, Address, Cause, Note, Media, Citation, etc, etc."

So if your Facts with no Date have any of those other subordinate fields then the Query won't find them.

The only Rows tab Filter that is relevant for your no Date case is:
Exclude unless =NullDate(%FACT.DATE%) is true

So if you copy and rename that Query and delete all the other Filters it will find your empty Date Facts.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Pentris
Diamond

Re: All empty facts query

Post by Pentris »

Thank you Mike.