* Anyone want to create a simple article on the KB?

Post here to suggest corrections, additions, changes etc to the FHUG KnowledgeBase . Include as much information as possible to help editors act on your post.

Moderator: kb admin

ColeValleyGirl
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Anyone want to create a simple article on the KB?

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

It would be really good to have an article on the KB that aggregates links to all the videos for FH in one place? They're either linked already within individual articles, or will be when those articles are updated for V7, but a one-stop shop would also make sense.

If anyone wants to volunteer, speak up and I'll help them through the process.

We've also got a few other things to do that would help enormously, including reviewing articles for V7 compatibility, and flagging up the ones that need editing or tagging the ones that are OK as V7-compatible, so let me know what you're interested in doing if you'd like to help -- even if it's only a single subject you feel capable of helping with.
ColinMc
Superstar

Re: Anyone want to create a simple article on the KB?

Post by ColinMc »

tagging the ones that are OK as V7-compatible
That sounds like a simple task I'd be happy with, and it would be quite difficult to mess up! Anything else that needs basic knowledge I'd have a go at.
Colin McDonald - Researching McDonald, McGillivray, Tait, Rountree families
MichaelM
Platinum

Post by MichaelM »

There seem to be quite a few articles that are correct for v7, and just need to have that information added. I'd be happy to help if you could show me what to do.
Michael
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Colin -- thanks, and sorry I missed your earlier reply.

Michael, if you go here Request an Editor’s Account and request an account, I'll set you up. Glance through How to Add Content to the Knowledge Base to get an idea of how editing works, although you're going to be doing really simple stuff initially.

I suggest that between you -- in this topic -- you agree sections of content to review (one at a time) for FH7 compatibility. If you find an article that's compatible, update the FH Versions category to include FH7. If you find content that needs changing for FH7, add a reply to this post with a link to the content in question and hopefully a more experienced editor will address it. (If you want to be super helpful, you can include brief details of what is missing/needs changing). (If you feel confident about making the changes, you're more than welcome to have a go -- you can't break anything as your edits will be reviewed before publication by a more experienced editor anyway.)

If anyone else wants to jump in, the more the merrier!
ColinMc
Superstar

Post by ColinMc »

No probs, I'll try and have a look to-morrow, and contact MichaelM

Colin
Colin McDonald - Researching McDonald, McGillivray, Tait, Rountree families
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

I'm (slowly) setting up a separate forum for KB editors to co-ordinate with each other.
MichaelM
Platinum

Post by MichaelM »

ColinMc wrote: 02 Aug 2021 16:42 No probs, I'll try and have a look to-morrow, and contact MichaelM
OK. I was able to log in and look around. I'll need to update my 5 year old WordPress skills, as things seem to have changed quite a lot
Michael