* Diagram Box Size

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
royp
Gold
Family Historian: V7

Diagram Box Size

Post by royp »

Hello all.

I am trying to make all the boxes in my diagram the same size, I appreciate that the size is determined by the text, but i would like them the same length.

Also I can eliminate the shadow from the text box. Is there a whole diagram default for this.

Regards royp
royp
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Diagram Box Size

Post by tatewise »

To hide shadows use Diagram > Options > Boxes tab and for <Default> condition use Edit Features... to set <no shadow>.

To adjust box size so all are the same height as the tallest box then follow these steps.
Click the Ctrl+A keys while in the diagram to select all the boxes.
Then use Diagram > Layout & Scaling > Make Selected Boxes the same Height (max)
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
royp
Gold

Post by royp »

Thanks for you answer, I did find the format box. Is there a default to eliminate the shadow or do I have to do this everytime.
royp
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

In the Diagram Options dialogue, there is a Save as default tick box bottom left.
If ticked, that will save whatever settings you chose, including the Box tab shadow, for all the standard Diagram types.
It is ticked by default, so I suspect you will find your box shadows are gone now.

However, it is often better to keep the standard Diagrams with their Installation Settings so when fault finding you can compare Diagrams produced by your custom settings against those produced by the installation default settings.

To preserve your custom settings use the Diagram > Save Diagram As > Custom Diagram Type... command, give it a memorable Custom Diagram Name, which can be retrieved via the View > Custom Diagram Types command.
TMG_refugee
Famous

Post by TMG_refugee »

Mike,

Is there a way to save my selected options not as a defaults or a particular chart but as a general set of options that I may want to use later?

I can see times where I may want the option of quickly selecting various options depending on what task I am performing or for whom.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Yes. Read my last reply about Custom Diagram Types.
TMG_refugee
Famous

Post by TMG_refugee »

Thanks Mike,

I just tried that by saving a custom diagram type from one project and basically selecting that diagram type via the view option from a new project and it all worked well.

With this I can create several custom diagram types that I want as standard ways to display a chart and can easily select them.

FH continues to impress.