* Media

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
terryl
Silver
Family Historian: V6.2

Media

Post by terryl »

I had a computer crash and have had to reinstall Family Historian. Previously my media for an individual showed the file name now it doesn't.
Is there anyway please of getting these titles to show again?
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Media

Post by tatewise »

Sorry about that Terry but you need to give us a few more clues.

Exactly how have you restored your Project?
Assuming you had an FH Project Backup ZIP file you must use File > Backup/Restore > Restore Backup and select that ZIP file.
If you simply try to open the ZIP file in FH then things don't work.

If you did use File > Backup/Restore > Restore Backup then please explain how you are viewing your Media.
You mention both file name and title which are different items. Maybe a screenshot would help us understand better.

While discussing backups, did you use the Backup and Restore Family Historian Settings plugin to preserve all your customisations of Diagrams, Reports, Queries, Fact Types, Plugins, Property Box, Records Window Columns, etc, etc?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
terryl
Silver
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by terryl »

Hi Mike, long story, basically had a total crash, then my backup hard drive failed as well.
I installed FH from my disc and then updated it.
I have 6 projects. I had a copy on my laptop which is out of date but better than nothing, at least not all is lost. Probably wrong thing to do but I copied the FH folder from the laptop and pasted it into my new PC. It worked except for this one problem.
Can't seem to attach screenshots!
In media window for individual it gives:-
LAWRENCE MARRIAGE TO LUCY, Record 101, picture JPG,, (File) Media\Image034.jpg
In the right hand window it shows this image with LAWRENCE MARRIAGE TO LUCY under the image.
When I view this same image from the image tab in the properties window it shows the image but under it it just says (no date)
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

To post screenshots see the advice in info:forums#posting_topics|> Posting Topics.

It sounds like that Media record has no Date: defined. In that case, what you see is normal.

If it did have a Date there would also be an entry in the Year column between JPG and Media\Image034.jpg
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry