* The new Knowledge Base is Live!

A place for completed suggestions/corrections.

Moderator: kb admin

ColeValleyGirl
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

The new Knowledge Base is Live!

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

The new Knowledge Base is live at https://fhug.org.uk/kb/.

It will take some time to decommission the old KB, which can't be done until all historic references to it have been redirected to the new KB, but please start using and referring to the new one from now on.

You'll see that, although the old content has all been migrated, there is also some new content that is very much Work In Progress.

Thanks to everyone who helped migrate the content, and a big thank you to Valkrider, who did so much of the technical heavy lifting.
NickWalker
Megastar

Re: The new Knowledge Base is Live!

Post by NickWalker »

Thank you to Helen, Valkrider and the rest of the team who have spent so many hours/days/weeks/months working on this. I know it will take a little while for all the links to be updated for the new Family Historian 7 (and my own Ancestral Sources!) but it's already a brilliant resource.

I'm sure you'll be keen to get other member of the community who would like to contribute to make contact?

Thanks again!

Nick
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
klm2OUMK
Diamond

Post by klm2OUMK »

Thank you team for all your hard work producing this new KB informative guide to the new Family Historian v.7. I will find this a very useful and informative guide.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Just be aware that much of the information still relates to FH V6 and is gradually being updated for FH V7 where necessary.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
gsward
Famous

Post by gsward »

Am I correct in thinking there is still content on the wiki pages that needs moving to the new Knowledge Base pages?

In particular, I was looking for the Plugin Help pages Plugin Help and Advice which does not seem to have found its way across.

The wiki pages don't get included in either the global search or the search at the top of the new blue KB page, but perhaps that's intentional.

Thanks,

Graham
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

The Plugin Help and Advice pages are migrating to the new PLugin Store and not the new KB. I believe Mike is moving them as he updates each of his plugins (presumably followed by the Help for any plugins he isn't updating).
gsward wrote: 10 Jan 2021 13:42 The wiki pages don't get included in either the global search or the search at the top of the new blue KB page, but perhaps that's intentional.
Yes, it's intentional -- when Mike finishes migrating his plugin help, the old wiki will go away.