* Ancestor Report/Outline?

Homeless Posts from the old forum system
goodwin2
Famous
Family Historian: V6.2

Ancestor Report/Outline?

Post by goodwin2 »

I'm trying to prepare a simple ancestor listing for a number of individual relatives who have the same end ancestor but different parents. What I want to have included would look something like the following - only with ancestors not descendants:

Descendants of John Drew
      John DREW (1724-1819)
1.  John DREW (1724-1819).
   m. Mary NORTHROP (1727-1760).
     2.  Hannah DREW (1760-1831).
         m. Joseph MORGAN (1753-1832).
       3. Mary MORGAN (1784-1865).
          m. Elijah Washington SHERWOOD (1780-1865).
          4.  Harrison J. M. SHERWOOD (1821-1903)
              m. Gerzilla BRADLEY (1826-1912).

I merely want name, birth and death dates, spouse, birth and death dates from individual A up 7 generations straight through that line.

I can achieve something close but with only the one parent - and that is by using a query - not a report format in FH 5.

Went back to Family Tree Maker but the version I have now [but don't use] won't produce the desired format either.

Other than customizing or creating a query to get the desired format - neither of which I could do - is there a 'quick and easy' way to achieve my goal??  Or - perhaps - FH 5 needs more report formats.  I did look at all the options in the current report formats but was still not able to achieve the desired result[frown]

Any suggestions gratefully received.
GSB

ID:6250
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Ancestor Report/Outline?

Post by Jane »

Assuming you have V5.

I suspect the Report from the How related query might be close to what you want as you appear to want a line of descendent from one person to another, but it does not include spouses, alternately why not use a chart to do this, and hide the people/boxes you don't want.

Another option would be to use the Private flag, make a safe copy of your normal Private flags (eg save them to a list).

The set the Private flag on everyone not an ancestor of the person you want to report, run the report and once you have done all the reports, set the Private flag from the named list.
goodwin2
Famous
Family Historian: V6.2

Ancestor Report/Outline?

Post by goodwin2 »

Thanks Jane for the suggestions.  Don't think either would work very easily as I have some 35,000 folks in the database.  Used the line of ascent query and filled in the rest of what I needed on a spread sheet.

Would be SO much easier to have a FH report with the format as mentioned.  

GSB