* Link to face problem

Homeless Posts from the old forum system
Bonzo
Diamond
Family Historian: V5

Link to face problem

Post by Bonzo »

I have used link to face in the multimedia pannel lots of times before and it is still working OK. But if I drag the area to the bottom of the photo area the photo scrolls up.
Anybody else having this problem - all I have to do to prevent it is to release the mouse button just before the frame and so it is not to much of a problem.

ID:6435
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Link to face problem

Post by Jane »

That is what I would expect to happen if you don't have the whole photo visible when drawing the frame.
Bonzo
Diamond

Link to face problem

Post by Bonzo »

Sorry the photo was not displayed; I had to adjust my website security settings [wink]

This is probably not the effect you thought I was getting Jane.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Link to face problem

Post by tatewise »

Yes, I can reproduce those symptoms.

It only seems to apply to a new Frame added after clicking the Link to Face button.
It only happens if the cross-hair defining the bottom of the new Frame is dragged off the bottom of the picture pane into the buttons and options at the base of the Edit Media Item window.
In high zoom, it also needs to be off the bottom of where the edge of the picture image would be if it were not for the constraint of the picture pane.
The effect seems to be worse on low zoom values less than 50%.

A similar effect occurs if the right-hand side of the new Frame is dragged off beyond the right-hand edge of the window.

Both effects can occur together if the new Frame bottom-right corner is dragged off the bottom-right of the window.

The problem seems to be associated with an interaction with the scrollbars.

Any small adjustment to the zoom value corrects the display.
Bonzo
Diamond

Link to face problem

Post by Bonzo »

I am glad to know it was not just me.

There were two people in the photo and the second face was very close to the bottom of the frame. I am used to dragging the cursor to the bottom or out of the frame and the 'pick area' ends at the frame border.
As I say it is not a problem; all I need to do is stop short of the border.