* Source box

Homeless Posts from the old forum system
crockford
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Source box

Post by crockford »

I think I may have found a fault on version five because I am sure it wasn’t there before and involves adding unrelated individuals or new children to a family using the property box.

Put in a name say Bill/Smith then tab to sex put in male then tab to Occupation put in Labourer then go to the source box and add citation, pick out any source (say 1911 census) then leave all as it is but look in the source box? (No source?)  And although you can’t see it the curser has jumped back up to the name, because if you try putting in another source it is attached to the name.

Is this a fault or just happening to me?

Ken

ID:6430
tatewise
Megastar

Source box

Post by tatewise »

I cannot reproduce that problem.
What does the Sources box say at top of the yellow Sources Pane when you Add Citation?
Is the Property Box docked or floating?

Which version of FH  are you running?
Have you updated to V5.0.7 candidate via Home page?
crockford
Platinum

Source box

Post by crockford »

The version I am using is V5.0.7. and the Property Box is floating. After you put in the name, tab to sex pick M or F then tab to Occupation put in Labourer then click on Source box (which shows Occupation at the top) then pick out say 1911 census from the list that comes up then OK that.

The Source box then shows Name at the top, and the curser has jumped back there as well but can’t be seen. I have tried this with the Property Box docked and it works as it should do.

Ken
tatewise
Megastar

Source box

Post by tatewise »

Yes Ken, that is repeatable for me too.

It occurs for any new Fact added via the Main tab, before using F5 or Tab to confirm the data, and Add Citation is used.
The Fact and Source Citation are correctly added, but the Sources Pane switches to the Name field.

I will report the problem to Calico Pie.
crockford
Platinum

Source box

Post by crockford »

Thank you

Ken