* Latest Downloads

Please only post suggestions and requests for help on using this web site here.

For help with FAMILY HISTORIAN itself please post in the Using Family Historian - General Usage Forum above.
MarkB
Diamond
Family Historian: V5

Latest Downloads

Post by MarkB »

Every day I'd hit the Main Menu - Downloads link at the left side to see the latest downloads. Now that link points elsewhere.

How do I get to see the latest items uploaded by users?
Thanks

ID:7043
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Latest Downloads

Post by tatewise »

Good point Mark!

In the longer term it is planned to migrate this Main Menu part of the FHUG into the new server and the Knowledge Base.

This started, some years ago with all the existing Main Menu > Downloads being transferred to the Knowledge Base in the FHUG Downloads section.
All subsequent new Main Menu > Downloads have also been transferred.
We believe that the FHUG Downloads section offers a better way of presenting the Downloads with fuller details, screen-shots, installation instructions, etc, and arranged into more searchable Categories.

Future downloads will be uploaded directly into the FHUG Downloads section, although the old Main Menu > Add Downloads option is still available.
See About FHUG Downloads and How to Add FHUG Downloads.

One thing we have omitted is a Latest New Downloads Category, and this will be rectified as soon as possible.
Jane
Site Admin

Latest Downloads

Post by Jane »

Just to add to Mike's full answer, you can still see the recent downloads at the bottom of the old main page, under the recent posts list.

Mike, I have added a Recent Pages in the Downloads section. It only seems to show recent changes, I think I need to tweak the KB config to keep the changes history for longer.
tatewise
Megastar

Latest Downloads

Post by tatewise »

Looks good, but I have added :contents to the namespace so that only Downloads are listed, and not all the Index pages.

Also revised the wording, and refined the Changes Plugin options.
Jane
Site Admin

Latest Downloads

Post by Jane »

Thanks Mike, I have added a form for requesting an editor account on the Knowledge base and started playing with a plugin for adding downloads, at the moment it creates the base page, but does not support the actual uploading process.
MarkB
Diamond
Family Historian: V5

Latest Downloads

Post by MarkB »

Thank you both, good work!