* FHUG replacement

Please only post suggestions and requests for help on using this web site here.

For help with FAMILY HISTORIAN itself please post in the Using Family Historian - General Usage Forum above.
heathermary
Diamond
Family Historian: V6

FHUG replacement

Post by heathermary »

Hi. I know this is an old topic and the User Group emails changed to the io group but I am really struggling. Are there any emails sent just to this group on a regular basis or is it just for specific queries?
I spend so long reading through the io digest emails and these days they are so technical especially about v7 that I feel I can't take any more and I shall unsubscribe. I have used FH from its start (on v6 now) and I love what I get out of it but I have never managed to get to grips with all the queries and other sophisticated things it can do. Maybe I am just using it as a glorified database but I can find the records I want, use a basic diagram and print reports. If I spend more time learning all the functions I won't get any research done!
I was just wondering how I can stay up to date if I carry on in my own sweet way - how would I learn of useful tips and comments from other users or is it just reading the Knowledge base now? Then I would have to have specific questions rather than keeping up a little bit in this complicated world. I am computer literate but it was never my career and I wonder how everyone has the time to understand let alone use all the extra functions?
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: FHUG replacement

Post by tatewise »

The Family Historian at Groups.io Email forum is actually run by Calico Pie, not this FHUG.
At the bottom of each Email there is a Mute This Topic option if you are not interested.
Once the novelty of FH V7 has passed the Emails will probably return to normal.
You could Unsubscribe via the link at the bottom of each message and subscribe again later in the year.

Here, if you open your Profile via your username on the right or top right and Edit Profile there is Receive Weekly Activity Summary: option for a weekly Email.

Also, you can Subscribe to any FHUG topic posted here to be informed by Email about any updates.

FH V6 has existed for 6 years and will not now change, so any new tips are unlikely I guess.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
heathermary
Diamond
Family Historian: V6

Re: FHUG replacement

Post by heathermary »

Thanks for replying to me. I have opted for the weekly email from this site and I will unsubscribe from the other list.
I just wondered if I am alone in not understanding queries and other technical procedures. FH is brilliant but I want to spend my time on my tree and not on computer studies but I am always extremely grateful for your help when I do have a question.